This is the third oral evidence session of the Communities and Local Government Committee's inquiry into the Government's decision (made last July) to revoke regional spatial strategies and abolish housebuilding targets.
The Committee will ask housebuilders, social housing providers and homeless charities today what impact they think this change to the strategic planning system will have on new house building and whether the proposed "New Homes Bonus" will stimulate the construction of sufficient new homes
The meeting will be on Monday 8 November in the Grimond Room, Portcullis House.
- John Acres, Planning Director (Sustainable Development), Catesby Property Group;
- Roy Donson, Regional Planning & Strategic Land Director, Barratt Developments; and
- Andrew Whitaker, Planning Director, Home Builders Federation
- Cameron Watt, Head of Neighbourhoods, National Housing Federation;
- Steve Hinsley, Senior Director, Tetlow King Planning; and
- Kay Boycott, Director of Communications, Policy and Campaigns, Shelter
Image copyright: iStock