Chair of Homes and Communities Agency questioned by Committee
06 February 2017
The Communities and Local Government (CLG) examines the role of the Homes and Communities Agency in increasing housing supply.
Monday 6 February 2017, Thatcher Room, Portcullis House
- Sir Edward Lister, Chairman, Homes and Communities Agency
- Gordon More, Chief Investment Officer, Homes and Communities Agency
- Ian Piper, Head of Land, Homes and Communities Agency
- Paul Smee, Director General, Council of Mortgage Lenders
- Mark Jones, Acting Development Director, NHBC
- Samantha Fernley, BOPAS
Purpose of the session
The session examines the role of the HCA in increasing housing supply and whether it is doing enough to support customer builds and self-builders; if there is enough brownfield land to build the homes the country needs.
Quality assurance of new build homes and modern methods of construction, as well as how easy it is for self-build and custom-build owners to get funding during the planning and building process and for subsequent purchasers to get a mortgage, will also be examined.
More news on: Business, industry and consumers, Housing and planning, Parliament, government and politics, Parliament, Housing, Industry, Construction industry, Housing supply, House of Commons news, Commons news, Committee news
Share this page