The Communities and Local Government Committee is holding an inquiry on housing for older people. The Committee has set up this web forum to hear directly from older people about their experiences of moving home in later life. This will help us understand the challenges people face and help us to focus our inquiry on the key issues.
Submit your views
If you, or a family member, have recently moved home, are considering doing so, or have decided not to, we want to hear from you.
The web forum will be open until Monday 27 November 2017.
If you would like to submit a comment but do not want it to be made public in this forum, please start your post with NOT FOR PUBLICATION.
Specifically, we are interested in your answers to any of following questions that apply to you:
- Have you moved home recently or are you considering doing so? If so, why?
- Have you considered moving and then decided against it? What were the reasons for this?
- Do you know where to obtain information and advice about moving? Have you ever sought this type of advice?
- What are your experiences of obtaining finance to move?
- Have you experience of adapting your home to make it more accessible? How did you go about this and did you seek advice in doing so?
- How do you feel your home affects your health and wellbeing? Have you experienced an improvement in your health and wellbeing as a result of moving?
How we use and publish this information
Your personal data will be processed in accordance with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998 and the Clerk of the House of Commons is the data controller for the purposes of the Act. The data you supply in this forum will be processed for the purpose of informing the committee’s inquiry and contributing to a report.
The information will be archived as part of official record. If you have any questions or concerns about the collection and use of your information please contact the Committee Clerk at [email protected].
If you would like more information about your Data Protection rights, please contact the House of Commons Information Rights and Information Security (IRIS) Service on 020 7219 2559 or the Information Commissioner’s Office at www.ico.org.uk, tel. 0303 123 1113.
This forum is pre-moderated and comments that breach the online discussion rules will not be posted. Any allegations made against specific individuals or companies may be edited to remove identifying information before being posted.