Following publication of the Government’s draft Groceries Code Adjudicator Bill, the Business, Innovation and Skills Committee announced its intention to conduct pre-legislative scrutiny on the Bill
At 2.00 pm, Tuesday 14 June in Committee Room 16, Palace of Westminster.
The Committee will take oral evidence from
- The Bill Team at the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills.
Topics that the Committee will consider include:
- The need for the Groceries Code Adjudicator
- Compliance with the Groceries Code to date
- The specific provisions of the Bill
- The functions and powers appropriate for any Code Adjudicator
- The appropriate location for the Adjudicator
- Enforcement powers, penalties, appeals, and funding
- Coverage of indirect suppliers
- Powers to investigate anonymous reports
The draft Bill and its accompanying documentation can be found on the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills website.