The Business, Innovation and Skills Committee visits Northampton on Tuesday 13 March as part of its major inquiry into apprenticeships.
During the visit, members of the cross-party Committee - which is tasked with scrutinising the work of the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills -will undertake visits to Church & Co (Footwear) Ltd, GE Precision Engineering Ltd and Cosworth Ltd. The Committee will also be holding a formal evidence session in the afternoon at The Guildhall, Northampton.
The schedule of witnesses for the formal evidence session is as follows:
- Professor Nick Petford, Vice Chancellor of Northampton University
- Len Closs, Principal of Northampton College of Further Education
- Mike Griffith, Head Teacher of Northampton School for Boys
- Dr Ann Limb OBE DL, Chair of the South East Midlands Local Enterprise Partnership
- Councillor David Mackintosh, Leader of Northampton Borough Council
- Councillor Jim Harker, Leader of Northampton County Council
- Peter Mawson, Chief Executive of West Northamptonshire Development Corporation
- Paul Southworth, Chairman, Northamptonshire Enterprise Partnership
- David Rolton, Director, Rolton Group
- Milan Shah, Chair of the Governing Council for the University of Northampton and Board member of the Northamptonshire Enterprise Partnership
- Mike Conway, Head of Employee Relations, Barclaycard
This session will be held in the Jeffery Room at the Guildhall, Northampton. The Guildhall's address is as follows:
St Giles Square
The session will be open to the public on a first come, first served basis. There is no system for the prior reservation of seats.