The Business, Innovation and Skills Committee examines the role of small business and self-employment in gaming industry growth, and the development of digital retail and buying online.
Tuesday 8 March 2016, Committee Room 6, Palace of Westminster
- Jo Twist, CEO, Ukie
- Chris van der Kuyl, Chairman, 4J Studios
- Philip Oliver, CEO, Radiant World
- Helen Dickinson, Chief Executive, British Retail Consortium
- Paul Misener, Vice President, Global Public Policy, Amazon
Purpose of the session
This session aims to cover:
- Issues surrounding the growth of the UK gaming industry – such as the role of SMES and the self employment – and what can be done to encourage further growth and innovation, looking at issues such as digital skills and the role of the Government.
- Issues surrounding the changing nature of retail, shaped increasingly by the digital transformation in the way we buy goods.