The Committee announced an inquiry into the New Local Enterprise Partnerships.
The inquiry examined how the proposed new structure will work, alongside issues such as distribution of funding, value for money, accountability, timing, transitional arrangements and required legislation.
Topics the Committee considered included:
- The functions of the new Local Enterprise Partnerships and ensuring value for money
- The Regional Growth Fund, and funding arrangements under the LEP system
- Government proposals for ensuring co-ordination of roles between different LEPs
- Arrangements for co-ordinating regional economic strategy · Structure and accountability of LEPs
- The legislative framework and timetable for converting RDAs to LEPs, the transitional arrangements, and the arrangements for residual spending and liability of RDAs
- Means of procuring funding from outside bodies (including EU funding) under the new arrangements