The Backbench Business Committee has determined business for 4 and 11 July.
The Committee has determined that the following business will take place in backbench time:
Thursday 4 July in the Chamber
- General debate on NATO (Members in charge: Hugh Bayley, Jason McCartney)
- General debate on the use of corporate structures in the UK and money laundering, tax evasion and other financial crime (Member in charge: John Mann)
- General debate on the economic implications for the UK of an EU – US Trade and Investment Agreement (Members in charge: John Healey, Guto Bebb, Jonathan Edwards)
Thursday 11 July in the Chamber
- General debate relating to the 25th anniversary of the Piper Alpha disaster (Members in charge: Frank Doran, Peter Aldous) The 25th anniversary of the Piper Alpha disaster falls on the 6 July 2013.
- Further debates to be scheduled for 11th July
Thursday 11 July in Westminster Hall
- General debate on Social Care Reform for Working Age Disabled People (Members in charge: David Ward and Heather Wheeler)
At its public meeting on Tuesday 25 June the Committee also heard, in addition to a bid for a debate on the economic implications for the UK of an EU – US Trade and Investment Agreement (see above), representations from:
- Damian Hinds, Chris Evans, Jackie Doyle-Price for a debate on high-cost credit
- Barry Gardiner for a debate on the state of natural capital in England and Wales