Responses from the House of Commons Commission and the Members Estimates Committee, and the Independent Parliamentary Standards Authority (IPSA) published on 5 December 2013.
In January 2013, the Administration Committee announced that it would inquire into induction arrangements for new Members of Parliament after the next general election.
The Committee wanted to consider what new MPs would need on first arrival at Westminster to enable them to undertake their parliamentary duties.
- office accommodation for Members and their staff
- advice and training on employment of staff
- IT at Westminster and the constituency
- financial support from IPSA
- training in parliamentary procedures and activities; and
- orientation on the parliamentary estate.
The Committee also reviewed implementation of the recommendations made in its 2005 report Post-election services, and the experiences of up to 230 new Members after the 2010 election.