ParliAble is a Workplace Equality Network (WEN) in support of disabled people in Parliament. It is open to both those who consider themselves to have a disability and those who have an interest in supporting disabled people.
ParliAble's aims to increase awareness and appreciation of disability issues on the Parliamentary estate, and to provide a platform where disabled people can find support, and where disability equality objectives can be progressed.
- To provide a safe and supportive community for all staff who have a disability on the parliamentary estate.
- To offer a signpost service to anyone who requires support and advice on any issue related to them.
- To reflect and express the views of ParliAble to the diversity teams and as appropriate, to members of the Houses.
- To provide a variety of events, including socials, on a regular basis, which meet the needs and wishes of our members.
- To organise and run a range of campaigns that raise awareness of particular issues, and help to resolve them.
- To improve accessibility across the parliamentary estate for the widest range of people
All parliamentary passholders, including Commons and Lords staff, MPs staff and contractors are welcome to join ParliAble, as are MPs and Peers. Membership is not restricted to people who require a platform relating to this WEN but those involved are required to respect the aims of the Network.