In order to apply for the Parliamentary Fast Stream you will need:
You’ll also need to demonstrate the key competencies expected of all Fast Streamers. Other key qualities which are tested during the final selection board interview process include:
- An interest in current affairs
- An ability to demonstrate political impartiality at all times
- Good communication skills (written and oral)
- Being able to handle pressure and work in a fast-paced environment
- Teamwork and ability to work with a diverse range of people
- Organisation and the ability to plan and distribute work
How to apply?
***Application is now live***
Apply: House of Commons Graduate Development Programme 2018 *Please note, the deadline for application is midnight on 7 January 2018.
If you have any questions please email [email protected]
If you get through to the Fast Stream Assessment Centre (FSAC), you will be invited to attend an open day at the Houses of Parliament and a panel interview.
This will last approximately 30 minutes, where you’ll be questioned on your interest in Parliament, political impartiality and knowledge of current affairs.
At this point you can state your preference towards working in the House of Commons or the House of Lords.
Promotion and Prospects
You’ll get training on the job, and will attend courses and seminars aimed at equipping you with the skills necessary for progressing.
Most Fast Streamers apply to be promoted to A2 grade (equivalent to Civil Service grade 7) 3 to 5 years after you join the scheme. This position could be a clerk to a committee or within one of the Chamber Business Directorate teams.