Joseph Clout was an owner-occupier listed in the Book of reference.
He is listed as owning an orchard, garden, house and buildings, and a field currently used for hops and arable. In this case we were able to identify the land and buildings described as being Turkey Farm. Clout ran Turkey Farm until 1843.
It appears that Clout had to sell a part of a field for the building of the railway in 1836. In the same year he sold the freehold of the farm to Richard Scoons. He left a few years later to become a master tailor, and died in 1859 in Headcorn.