Parliament's medals and coins collection came together as a result of a bequest in 1908 and two further large donations in 1938 and 1939.

The 1908 gift, comprising Victorian campaign and commemorative medallions, was made under the will of Sir Howard Vincent MP. The 1938 donation, a large collection of civilian medals, was made by Sir Arnold Wilson MP. This donation was complemented in 1939 by an equally extensive donation of military awards for gallantry and long service medals from Sir William Brass MP.

Also in this section